Passionate game developer, iOS specialist, with a touch of OS X, Web, Windows and Android.
I specialize in experimental development and prototyping new software solutions. I capably transform those early works into Enterprise-level production builds.
Mobile DeveloperMay 2013 - February 2014
- Developed and updated several iOS and Android apps for clients including Pizza Pizza, The Canadian Real Estate Association, and Air Miles.
- Created a streamlined, updated version of REALTOR.ca from scratch.
- Facilitated migration of existing apps to iOS 7 while continuing to support iOS 6.
Mobile DeveloperSept 2010 - April 2013
- Developed several prototypes and apps for iOS across multiple industries, including games, ecommerce, and Big Pharma.
- Projects included SayWhat?, a social multiplayer game,
and Shopcaster, a mobile e-commerce app for small retailers.
- Ported iOS apps to on Android, ensuring feature parity between the two platforms.
- Clients also included Johnson & Johnson and Quest Diagnostics.
SpectreSept 2009 - Present
- Official remake of the 1990 tank shooter.
- Available on the App Store for iPhone and iPad.
- Built from scratch, supporting real-time multiplayer and OpenGL graphics.
- Started as a personal project, but later obtained the IP rights.
Tech support/DeveloperOct 2009 - Sept 2010
- Provided tech support for the Students' Union at the University of Alberta.
- Managed users and diagnosed problems in a Mac OS X network.
DeveloperMay 2008 - May 2009
Construction Engineering & Management, University of Alberta
- Developed an extensible framework in C# as a replacement for Microsoft
Data Transformation Services (DTS).
- Converted and improved an existing DTS package used for data importing
to be used for this framework. Over 30 SQL scripts were converted,
optimized, and debugged.
- Additional responsibilities included modifying and optimizing existing reports
for productivity/management software.
Computing Science Department, University of Alberta
- BeeperBot: Software Engineering project used as a lab tool for introducing
computing science concepts to new students.
- Acted as team lead to design and develop the application.
- Hired in May to complete additional features, test, and deploy.
- Proficient: C/C++, C#, Obj-C, Java, SQL, HTML, Python
- OS X, Xcode, UIKit, Cocoa, OpenGL, Apple Server Admin Tools
- Linux, Eclipse, Android NDK, AWT/Swing
- Windows, Visual Studio, XNA
- GNU Toolchain, Git, SVN
- 3DS Max, Blender, Adobe Creative Suite
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta
B.Sc. Specialization, Computing Science (2004-2009)
- Available on request.